Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to some commonly asked questions. If your question is not answered below, please give us a call 250-762-8206.

What are your rates?

  • Base rates start at $59 + $2 per income slip. There are additional charges for Special Credits/Deductions, Self-Employment, Rentals and Investments.

  • Senior Discount 65+ 20% off base rates.

  • Student Rate $30: Must have valid T2202 with 4+ months Full Time or High School in tax year and income less than $20,000. *No complex returns or self employment.

  • Low Income Rate $30: T5007 and no income. 

For a more specific quote based on your situation, please contact us.


How does online tax filing work?

Online tax filing is an easy-to-do alternative to filing your taxes in person. You receive the same quality and dedication from our team, it just all happens in the virtual world. Click the file online tab above to begin and follow the prompts. A Tax Specialist will reach out to you if more information is required or upon completion.

Do I need an appointment to file my taxes in person?

No Appointment is currently required. Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, we are operating on a drop off basis only.

I'm missing my income tax slips, what do I do?

We may be able to access missing income tax slips on the CRA website.  If the income tax slips have not been reported to CRA, you will need to contact the issuer to have them sent to you.

I am filing in person and only have my tax slips electronically. What do I do?

In order for us to efficiently prepare your tax return, please email us your electronic documents prior to sitting down with your tax specialist.

I filed my taxes, how long will my refund take?

If electronically filed, and you have direct deposit setup with Canada Revenue Agency. Refunds will take 10 days. Add 1 week for mailing if you do not have direct deposit setup. Other circumstances such as Pre-assessments and special deductions can hold up processing times by CRA.

NOTE: Due to COVID-19, Canada Revenue processing times are taking much longer than usual.

I missed reporting income or deductions and have already filed, what can I do?

Not a problem, we can file a T1 adjustment for you. Rates start at $25, contact us to discuss further pertaining to your situation.

I am behind on filing multiple years. Can you help me?

Absolutely we can assist in filing up to 10 years back! We can assist you in person or virtually in filing the prior 4 tax years electronically. If you have 4+ tax years to complete, please visit us in person to assist you as older years require paper filing with CRA.

I have moved and did not receive my refund or GST. What do I do?

When you file your tax return, your address will be updated for you at that time.  If you move after filing, please call 1-800-959-8281 to update with Canada Revenue Agency to ensure all of your benefits continue. Setting up direct deposit will also assist with avoiding missed future payments. We cannot update your address with CRA after you have filed, only at filing.

How do I setup direct deposit with Canada Revenue Agency for my Refund & GST?

At time of filing, please provide us with your direct deposit information and we can set this up for you.  This will remain in affect each year going forward until you stop it or close the account you provided. Alternatively, you can also call CRA to set this up after the fact. 1-800-959-8281.